Wednesday, June 15, 2005

My First Team

My first team arrived on Sunday for check in and to start their journey at Space Camp Turkey. They will be immersed in space life for 6 full days. These kids are from Turkey and in the English program and speak it very well.

Stephanie, an American couselor, will be the co-counselor with me for the six days while they are here. We will alternate shifts, morning and afternoon. Sarah is on support duty for this week.

Having a group is the greatest thing. It is my designed purpose. I was trained to do this. We learn, play, and play while we learn. The kids are smart and know most before we even do the activities. They are inquisitive and bold. Most of the children are interested in space travel and want to know the simplest things, such as, "Is there sound in space?"

no

After eight hours of kids you might think that I would wish there was no sound here. Actually, I miss the noise and can't wait till my shift today at 3pm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home