Monday, May 30, 2005

Driving

Driving in Turkey is quite amazing. Or crazy, whichever you like. Since we do not have a car we walk or take the bus everywhere. The only problem is that walking is a danger to your health. The drivers here are crazy. All street signs are taken as suggestions. For example, lines on the road......suggestions. Red lights........suggestions. Not running people over.........suggestions. The idea is that they are in the car so everythig else should get out of their way. The only consolationis that the curbs are really high, about 50 inches I've been told. We figure the reason that the curbs are so high is so that the pedestrians walking on the sidewalk do not get run over as much. Even with all this I have yet to see an accident in Turkey. I only hope that I get used to being almost run over because I have 3 months left of walking around Izmir.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home